The February issue of “LOOSE THREADS,” the NwRSA newsletter, has been delivered via e-mail.
If you are an NwRSA member and did not receive the e-mail delivery,
please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Welcome to NwRSA
Northwest Regional Spinners Association
The Northwest Regional Spinners Association is a four state network of local organizations which
- promotes the art and craft of handspinning
- provides a communication network for spinners in the Pacific Northwest
- gives handspinners an opportunity to share, learn, educate, and work together on a regional basis
- trains judges to evaluate handspun yarns at fiber contests
- awards grants to spinners to further their skills and knowledge of handspinning
- operates a lending library
- sponsors educational seminars, workshops and an annual conference
Hot Off the Press!
Space is filling up fast for the annual Camp Burton Spinning Retreat on Vashon Island, WA, March 15-18, 2018. If you want to attend as either an overnight “camper” or as a “day tripper”, pre-registration is required. Both NwRSA members and non-members may register either online or by downloading the registration form and mailing in payment. Click HERE for details and registration information.
- March 15-18 – NwRSA Camp Burton Spinners’ Retreat, Vashon Island WA
- March 17 – Abernethy Spring Fiber Sale, Hosted by Area 6030, Oregon City OR. Click HERE for details
- March 24 – Log Cabin Fiber Arts Annual Spin In, Hosted by Area 4010, Coeur d Alene, ID. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- April 19 – 22 Shepherds’ Extravaganza at the Washington State Fairgrounds, Puyallup, WA. Click HERE for more info.
- May 31 – NwRSA Annual Members Meeting, Olympia WA
- May 31- June 3 – NwRSA Annual Conference, Olympia WA – check the EVENTS page for details
- June 8-10 – Vashon Classic Sheepdog Trials, Fiber Arts Village hosted by Area 2055, Vashon Island WA
- June 29-July 1 – Black Sheep Gathering, Linn County Fairgrounds, Albany OR
- JULY 1 – NwRSA MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL DEADLINE
- September 22-23 – Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival, Clackamas County Event Center, Canby OR
- October 20 – NwRSA Fall Board Meeting, hosted by Area 4030, Richland WA
Check the CALENDAR for an event near you.
Start Spinning with NwRSA:
- Check out our FaceBook page and like what you see.
- Not yet an NwRSA member? Looking for handspinning activities, events and instruction? Join NwRSA and connect with your local spinning community. Membership information and application forms are on the ABOUT NwRSA MEMBERSHIP tab.
- Information on local NwRSA area groups is on the LOCAL AREAS tab.
Please send questions to email@example.com