The October issue of “LOOSE THREADS,” the NwRSA newsletter, has been delivered via e-mail.
If you are an NwRSA member and did not receive the e-mail delivery, please contact
email@example.com for assistance.
Welcome to NwRSA
Northwest Regional Spinners Association
The Northwest Regional Spinners Association is a four state network of local organizations which
- promotes the art and craft of handspinning
- provides a communication network for spinners in the Pacific Northwest
- gives handspinners an opportunity to share, learn, educate, and work together on a regional basis
- trains judges to evaluate handspun yarns at fiber contests
- awards grants to spinners to further their skills and knowledge of handspinning
- operates a lending library
- sponsors educational seminars, workshops and an annual conference
Hot Off the Press!
NwRSA is reorganizing our programs of local handspinning workshops. Members are encouraged to participate in the new workshop program by volunteering to share their skills with other members. Please complete and send in your information by completing a brief questionnaire. Click HERE to download the workshops form.
- October 21-22 – Fiber Fusion Northwest, Evergreen State Fairgrounds, Monroe WA. Click HERE for details
- November 1 – NwRSA member registration opens for Camp Burton Spinners’ Retreat – check the EVENTS page for details
- December 1 – Non-member registration opens for Camp Burton Spinners’ Retreat
- January 6 – St Distaff’s Day Spin-In, Hosted by Area 2010, Evergreen State Fairgrounds, Monroe WA
- February 3 – Newport Spin-In, Hosted by Area 6060-Yaquina Fiber Arts Guild, Newport Middle School, Newport OR
- February 10 – NwRSA 2018 Winter Board Meeting, Hosted by Area 2090, Vancouver WA
- February 15-18 – Madrona Fiber Arts Winter Retreat, Tacoma WA. Click HERE for details
- March 15-18 – NwRSA Camp Burton Spinners’ Retreat, Vashon Island WA
- March 17 – Abernethy Spring Fiber Sale, Hosted by Area 6030, Oregon City OR. Click HERE for details
- May 31 – NwRSA Annual Members Meeting, Olympia WA
- May 31- June 2 – NwRSA Annual Conference, Olympia WA – check the EVENTS page for details
- June 8-10 – Vashon Classic Sheepdog Trials, Fiber Arts Village, Vashon Island WA
- June 29-July 1 – Black Sheep Gathering, Linn County Fairgrounds, Albany OR
- October 24 – NwRSA Fall Board Meeting, hosted by Area 4030, Richland WA
Check the CALENDAR for an event near you.
Start Spinning with NwRSA:
- Check out our FaceBook page and like what you see.
- Not yet an NwRSA member? Looking for handspinning activities, events and instruction? Join NwRSA and connect with your local spinning community. Membership information and application forms are on the ABOUT NwRSA MEMBERSHIP tab.
- Information on local NwRSA area groups is on the LOCAL AREAS tab.
Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org